Information about Trans-Hit Biomarkers and its Website
Trans-Hit Biomarkers Inc. ("Trans-Hit") is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) with its headquarters at 525, Cartier Blvd West, Laval, QC, H7V 3S8, Canada which engages in procuring bio-specimens for scientific research purposes. In this Policy we explain what information (“Data”) we collect, why we collect it, how we collect it, where it is stored, how it is protected and how it is being used. In the case that you are a physical person, Data may include Personal Data. It also describes your choices regarding use, access, correction and deletion of Data.
Personal Data means any information which alone, or in combination with other information, can be used to identify a living person.
Organizational Data means all non-public information about your business, affairs, customers, suppliers, plans, intentions, market opportunities, operations, processes, product information, including, without limitation, Personal Data and information developed by you together with Trans-Hit during the course of our business relationship.
What Data We Collect
Depending on the business relationship we have with you and the services we provide to you as a (potential) customer or the services you may provide as a (potential) supplier, we may collect the following types of information from or about you:
- Your name and contact details, such as your email address, telephone number, place of work, position, and country
- Information we learn about you or your representatives when we meet you at conference/networking events or through teleconferences, emails and other correspondence
- Details about your business interests (as a client) or the services you offer (as a supplier)
- Information provided in surveys in which you may participate
How and Why We Collect Your Personal Information or Data
Personal and/or Organizational Data is only collected from our website if explicitly volunteered by you during the use of specific services on this website. No Data is logged automatically. You can access and browse the website without disclosing your Personal Data.
We may collect details about you that are in public records such as LinkedIn, your company website and information about you that is openly accessible on the internet, including but not limited to what is available on public databases, websites, in marketing publications, conference announcements and scientific articles. We use these public sources to obtain the contact details of individuals who we reasonably believe may have an interest in our services or whose services we may find of interest in the day to day running of our business.
In the cases where we do not obtain your Data through personal contact or communications we will only collect and hold such Data when we have a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest includes situations where either you or we are interested in obtaining services or products from each other on our own behalf or on behalf of a client. Legitimate interest includes performing the regular functions of a CRO and the other functions mentioned in the first paragraph hereinabove.
How We Use Your Data
We may use personal data to better understand on the one hand the needs of our clients and on the other hand the services our suppliers may be able to offer to us and our clients.
We use this information for the following reasons:
- Providing you with information
- Internal record keeping (subject to the time limits and your other rights below)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- Compliance with our legal obligations: for example to demonstrate where consent has been given or withdrawn to receive communications from Trans-Hit
- To provide services to you (to fulfil a contract we have with you)
- If you contact us with a technical question about our website then we may need to pass it on to our technology suppliers for resolution
How We Protect Your Data
We have security policies, rules and technical measures in place such as encryption and password protection to keep safe your Data and the systems in which they are stored in (CRM and VPN Protected Server). All our employees or contractors who have access to and are associated with the processing of your information, are under obligation to respect the confidentiality of any Data we may hold. We keep all these security measures under review and up to date with current best practice and high security standards.
Who We Share Your Data With
We share your Data with other organizations only to fulfill our obligations to our clients when fulfilling their requests and, where relevant in line with contractual agreements we have set up between us.
We only use or disclose your Data for the legitimate interests for which it was collected, for purposes to which you consent or, if required by law, or through the order of a court. This may include sharing your Data, with our employees, contractors or our service providers as part of our functions as set forth above.
We do not sell any Data collected from or provided by you.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Data that we acquire in relation to a specific project will be retained in relation to that project file indefinitely as long as it is required in relation to the project and for a period of fifteen (15) years thereafter, unless you otherwise request. Data that is not acquired in relation to a specific project will be regularly reviewed and amended where needed or deleted when it is no longer relevant or of use.
We retain your Data for as long as it is necessary to provide our services and to fulfill our obligations. We also keep the Data on file as may be required by law or as required to maintain our records within the time limits set forth hereinabove and for technical reasons.
Your Rights With Respect to Personal Data
You have various rights in relation to your Personal Data. These rights are as follows:
- You can request a copy of the Personal Data we have about you on file. Upon request, and after provision of adequate proof of your identity, we will provide you with a machine-readable copy of any Personal Data which we keep about you
- If any Personal Data we hold is incorrect, you can request to have it corrected
- You can ask us to delete your Personal Data
- You can ask us to remove you from our list of contacts for newsletters and other communications
- You can object to our use of your Personal Data where we rely on our legitimate interests to do so, subject to your right to withdraw your consent and ask us to delete your Personal Data at any time (see explanation above)
To exercise your rights in relation to your Personal Data and for any questions with regard to your Personal Data, you may communicate with our Data Officer at + 1 514-739-0670 or email directly to [email protected] or write to us at:
525 Cartier Boulevard West
Laval, Quebec H7V 3S8
Attention: Data Supervision